Re: More Snow Leopard problems...

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: More Snow Leopard problems...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7 Sep 2009, at 21:50, Jerry LeVan wrote:
> Snow Leopard needs a bit of work... On my main machine, a macbook
> pro3,1 the mds processes
> keep dumping core and so spotlight does not work ( and for some
> reason I have to reboot

I've seen it take up lots of CPU here until I removed all drives from
spotlight, removing all indexes from the drives (sudo mdtune -Ea) and
re-add them one by one. Before adding the next drive to index I waited
until it finished indexing. After several hours it settled down, I
hear it can take a few days though.

I had lots of unix tools dump core right after the installation too.
It stopped once I rebooted once more, although that shouldn't have
been necessary. Maybe that mds process running out of hand depleted
some resources?

Not really on topic for Postgres, but I figured it might be useful to
some.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4aa5771e11861920812390!

От: Sergey Samokhin
Сообщение: Re: Should I create an index for partition with fixed key?
От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: More Snow Leopard problems...