Re: Mac OS: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"

От Artur Zakirov
Тема Re: Mac OS: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27.01.2016 13:46, Shulgin, Oleksandr wrote:

> Not sure why the file uses "SET KOI8-R" directive then?

This directive is used only by Hunspell program. PostgreSQL ignores this
directive and assumes that input affix and dictionary files in the UTF-8
encoding.

> What error message do you get with this test program?  (I don't get any,
> but I'm not on Mac OS.)
> --
> Alex

With this program you will get wrong output. A error message is not
called. You can execute the following commands:
> cc test.c -o test> ./test

You will get the output:

SFX/Y/?/аться/шутся

Although the output should be:

SFX/Y/хаться/шутся/хаться

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Minor improvement to fdwhandler.sgml
От: Erik Rijkers
Сообщение: Fwd: [DOCS] pgbench doc typos