Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/9/2016 11:57 PM, Gavin Flower wrote:
> I was at the 2015 Australian Linux Conference (held in Auckland, NZ),
> when Sarah Sharp harangued Linus Torvalds for over 20 minutes. Linus
> remained calm and polite throughout, yet most people would have been
> obviously annoyed within the first 5 minutes.

(total outsider here, looking in)

some people are just toxic.   psychic vampires.  They can suck all the
energy out of something while contributing little or nothing.

OTOH, she seems to have done some seriously good work, hard stuff like
pioneering the linux framework for USB 3.0.

The more I read, the more I'm at least somewhat on her side, Linus does
not need to be as much of an a**hole as he comes off as.   For sure
dealing with an environment like that you need to be really thick
skinned.    At times when I read about Linus and the whole kernel
environment I think he's a vampire, but he's taking the power he's
sucking up and building something, so maybe thats excusable... does he
really need to be /that/ big of an ahole?  I dunno.

entirely on the other hand, I note that FreeBSD development has a whole
lot less drama, and at least in my opinion, the kernel is a whole lot
more stable.   hmmmmmmmm.

--
john r pierce, reusing bits in santa cruz

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
От: Gavin Flower
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?