Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015/08/26 18:01, Kouhei Kaigai wrote:
>>> You may think execution of alternative plan is the best way for EPQ rechecks,
>>> however, other folks may think their own implementation is the best for EPQ
>>> rechecks. I never argue which approach is better.
>>> What I point out is freedom/flexibility of implementation choice.

Maybe my explanation was not accurate, but I just want to know use
cases, to understand the need to provide the flexiblity.

> The only and significant point I repeatedly emphasized is, it is developer's
> choice thus it is important to provide options for developers.
> If they want, FDW developer can follow the manner of alternative plan
> execution for EPQ rechecks. I never deny your idea, but should be one of
> the options we can take.

I don't object about your idea either, but I have a concern about that;
it looks like that the more flexiblity we provide, the more the FDWs
implementing their own EPQ would be subject to an internal change in the
core.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

От: Kouhei Kaigai
Сообщение: Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Reducing ClogControlLock contention