Re: location of the configuration files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: location of the configuration files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> Just exactly why does initdb need to drop any config files anywhere?

Because we'd like it to edit the correct datadir into the config file,
to take just the most obvious example.  There has also been a great deal
of discussion recently about other things initdb might automatically put
into the config file after looking at the system environment.  That's
not happened yet, but we'd really be restricting ourselves to say that
initdb can never customize the config files.

От: Rod Taylor
Сообщение: Re: Todo "claim": psql tab completion on schema names
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: client_encoding directive is ignored in