Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Uh, can we get compression for actual documents, rather than duplicate
> strings?

[ shrug... ]  What's your proposed set of "actual documents"?
I don't think we have any corpus of JSON docs that are all large
enough to need compression.

This gets back to the problem of what test case are we going to consider
while debating what solution to adopt.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Reporting the commit LSN at commit time