Re: PostgreSQL-related legal question

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: PostgreSQL-related legal question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/03/15 01:55, Bill Moran wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:50:02 +0100
> Dorian Hoxha <dorian.hoxha@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't see how it could have negative impact on the postgresql project?
>> It's not like your job will be to find vulnerabilities and not disclose
>> them ?
> I don't think I should discuss the particulars of the situation on
> the list. That's why I'm just looking for a lawyer who understands
> the situation and can advise me.
>
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've been asked to sign a legal document related to a PostgreSQL-
>>> related job opening. I have concerns about the document and that
>>> signing it could have a negative impact on the PostgreSQL project
>>> (in addition to personal concerns).
>>>
>>> I'm guessing I'm not the first person to go through this. I'm
>>> hoping someone on this list can refer me to a lawyer who is
>>> familiar with the challenges of NDAs and open source projects.
>>>
>>> I'm not asking for pro-bono, I'm willing to pay for services,
>>> but I just figured that I might get better results getting a
>>> referral than by contacting $random_legal_service.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bill Moran
>>>

>>> --

Bill cannot comment, but it might be along the lines of assigning all
intellectual property rights, or something of that ilk. In that case, it
might give the company ownership of stuff he may have contributed (or
intends to contribute) to PostgreSQL in some way – which could lead to
legal complications affecting PostgreSQL adversely, which would be
expensive and an unnecessary distraction.

От: Vincent Veyron
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL-related legal question
От: Vincent Veyron
Сообщение: Re: FW: Installation