Re: Stored procedure workflow question

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: Stored procedure workflow question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/10/2014 6:53 PM, Israel Brewster wrote:
> Currently, when I need to create/edit a stored procedure in Postgresql,
> my workflow goes like the following:
>
> - Create/edit the desired function in my "DB Commands" text file
> - Copy and paste function into my development database
> - Test
> - repeat above until it works as desired
> - Copy and paste function into my production DB.
>
> To edit an existing function, the workflow is basically the same as
> above, but I first have to find the function in my file.
>
> This whole workflow just feels kludgy to me. Is there a better way? Or
> is that essentially the recommended procedure? Thanks.
> Israel Brewster
> Systems Analyst II
> Ravn Alaska
> 5245 Airport Industrial Rd
> Fairbanks, AK 99709
> (907) 450-7293

This is pretty much what I do as well.  I keep all my scripts and check
them into subversion though.  I edit them with vim and use the dbext
plugin to run snippets on the test db.

Once I'm ready I run it on production.  (Could be an entire file, or
just a copy/paste of a block)  I use psql for everything.  (vim dbext
uses psql as well)

It doesn't seem that clunky though.  You do a bunch of stuff on testdb,
once you get it right you do it on livedb.  I don't see any other ways
of doing it.

-Andy

От: Andy Colson
Сообщение: Re: service allowing arbitrary relations was Re: hstore, but with fast range comparisons?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory condition