Re: Postgresql Write cluster needed

От Mario Splivalo
Тема Re: Postgresql Write cluster needed
Дата
Список pgsql-cluster-hackers
On 11/24/2014 10:30 AM, fahad basheer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for the fast response
>
> Database is used as OLTP database.
>
> Frontend application used is  OpenERP.
>
> I have tried postgresql xc,but its not supported with OpenERP.

I don't see why OpenERP wouldn't work with pg-xc, but I'm also not sure
if you would benefit from it as deciding on what to partition your data
on is not a simple task.

What is your main performance issue?

In theory, if you want to scale writes you need to scale your data. So,
you'd, for instance, put all the even IDs on server A and all the odd
IDs on server B. That way you double the writing throughput. But, when
querying your data you need to somehow 'merge' both partitions, the one
on server A and the one on server B.
This is, actually, where Postgres-XC comes in - it will allow you to
create partitions of your data in a way that is oblivious to the
application itself. But for OpenERP I'm not sure if you will gain
anything, and your setup will be quite complicated.

You either need better server (with better I/O performance - add more
spindles if you're on RAID10, or switch to ssd), or partition your data.
If you have multiple tenants in your OpenERP maybe you could move each
of them to their separate servers?

    Mario
--
Mario Splivalo
mario@splivalo.hr

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."

В списке pgsql-cluster-hackers по дате отправления:

От: fahad basheer
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Write cluster needed
От: fahad basheer
Сообщение: Postgresql connection error