Re: Materialized views don't show up in information_schema

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Materialized views don't show up in information_schema
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/10/14 6:53 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I'm not particularly thrilled with this answer.  I'd aruge that the
> 'materialized' part of mat views isn't relevant to the standard, which
> does not concern itself with such performance-oriented considerations,
> and therefore, to the standard's view (pun rather intended), they're
> views.

For example, you can't drop a materialized view with DROP VIEW.  So any
tool that offers a list of views to manipulate based on the information
schema would be confused.  This is different from temporary views, for
example.

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: B-Tree index builds, CLUSTER, and sortsupport
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Materialized views don't show up in information_schema