Re: Is template1 intended to have oid 1 ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is template1 intended to have oid 1 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> writes:
> I've just noticed this in pg_database.dat:

>   { oid => '1', oid_symbol => 'TemplateDbOid',
>     descr => 'default template for new databases',
>     datname => 'template1', ...

> but in the most recent cluster that I pg_upgraded, template1 has oid 16400.

> Nothing is acting broken, but ... is that supposed to happen?

template1 does have OID 1 in a fresh-from-initdb cluster, but it's
just a database; you can drop it and recreate it if you choose.
I believe that pg_upgrade does so.

(Technically, the same applies to template0.  But our position on
template0 is that changing the contents of that is unsupported.
So pg_upgrade won't touch the target cluster's version of template0.)

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Non-reproducible valgrind failure on HEAD
От: Osahon Oduware
Сообщение: Fwd: DOCS.zip - Request for access