Re: pgsql: Clarify coding of .exe patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Clarify coding of .exe patch
Дата
Re: pgsql: Clarify coding of .exe patch  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> While I still think we're on pretty solid ground assuming this
> optimization is going to be made, I'm fine with defining something like
> const_strlen() that uses sizeof(). Also, we can guard against programmer
> mistakes via __builtin_constant_p() when using GCC.

I think both you and Bruce are missing the really fundamental point
here.  You are both optimizing on the grounds that there is no god but
RMS and his prophet is GCC.  I have a somewhat wider view of which
compilers we want to target.

От: Neil Conway
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Clarify coding of .exe patch
От: Neil Conway
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Clarify coding of .exe patch