Re: Schemas, Roles & Search Path

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Schemas, Roles & Search Path
Дата
Re: Schemas, Roles & Search Path  (Don Parris <parrisdc@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Don Parris <parrisdc@gmail.com> writes:
> I *think* I want to set the search path on the group roles so that the
> Facilities team can see the COMMON and FACILITIES schemas:
> ALTER ROLE fm_users search_path=common, facilities, accounting;
>
> Or do I need to set the search path for each user individually?
> ALTER ROLE joe SET search_path=common, facilities, accounting;

The latter.  A session only absorbs ALTER ROLE SET settings for the
exact role you're logging in as.  (Otherwise there would be a need
for a conflict resolution rule, and it's pretty hard to see how that
would work in general for arbitrary settings.)  Role "inheritance"
applies to granted privileges only.

От: Tim Smith
Сообщение: Re: No postgresql-9.5-prefix ?
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: No postgresql-9.5-prefix ?