Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/02/2014 03:50 PM, Jan Wieck wrote:

> PL/pgSQL's syntax was modelled to look like PL/SQL. Which is a Ada/COBOL
> lookalike.
>
> Instead of trying to mimic what it was or a T-SQL thing instead ...
> maybe it is time to come up with a true PostgreSQL specific PL for a
> change?
>
> Just for the sake of being something new, and not a copy of some old
> opossum, that's rotting like road kill on the side of the highway for a
> decade already.

Well, I don't think PostgreSQL needs its own PL. I mean we already have
several (what other database has pl/javascript or pl/python?)

Besides, the idea of this community trying to build its own programming
language... oh lord ;)

JD

> Jan

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should             not be surprised when they come back as
Romans."

От: Vik Fearing
Сообщение: Re: GSoC on WAL-logging hash indexes
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL 2