Trigger to a queue for sending updates to a cache layer

От Marcus Engene
Тема Trigger to a queue for sending updates to a cache layer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm working with a retail site with tens of millions of products in
several languages.

For the detail pages, we try to cache in memcached. We also have quite a
bit of keyword translation lookups (for international queries to solr).

We're thinking of adding a nosql layer that takes the big beating with
the mundane reads. I don't fancy manually adding code to every possible
place in the php code that touches the related tables.

What fast trigger solution would you use for this? I'm thinking of
something that would just push (via fdw?) data to a queue; table name
and item id. Naturally it should not slow down pg noticable and have
stellar uptime.

Is the whole concept a stupid idea?

Thanks,
Marcus

От: Bill Mitchell
Сообщение: Re: Best practices for cloning DB servers
От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: POWA tool