Re: CentOS 6 and Postgresql 9.3.4 from PGDG

От Steve Clark
Тема Re: CentOS 6 and Postgresql 9.3.4 from PGDG
Дата
Re: CentOS 6 and Postgresql 9.3.4 from PGDG  (Alan Hodgson <ahodgson@simkin.ca>)
Re: CentOS 6 and Postgresql 9.3.4 from PGDG  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On 04/14/2014 09:02 AM, Moshe Jacobson wrote:

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Steve Clark <sclark@netwolves.com> wrote:
CentOS 6 supplies 8.4.20 but I want to use hot standby - the issue is that the PGDG
packages don't install into the "usual place" they are installed in version specific directories,
including the data, binaries, libraries etc. How do people deal with this when for years they
have been using postgres and "stuff" is in standard directories not version specific directories?

It's actually nicer that it uses a version specific directory, IMO, since you can have two versions installed simultaneously for upgrade purposes.
I just create symlinks data/ and backups/ in /var/lib/pgsql to point to the dirs of the same names under the 9.3/ directory.

How did you deal with binaries and libraries, as well as third party apps like perl modules or php/apache modules?

--
Stephen Clark
NetWolves Managed Services, LLC.

От: Moshe Jacobson
Сообщение: Re: CentOS 6 and Postgresql 9.3.4 from PGDG
От: chiru r
Сообщение: lpgport issue while installing pg_bulkload utility on fedora 14 OS