Re: Maximum transaction rate

От Christophe
Тема Re: Maximum transaction rate
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mar 13, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Wait, actually a good BBU RAID controller will disable the cache on
> the
> drives. So everything that is cached is already on the controller vs.
> the drives itself.
>
> Or am I missing something?

Maybe I'm missing something, but a BBU controller moves the "safe
point" from the platters to the controller, but it doesn't move it all
the way into the OS.

So, if the software calls fsync, but fsync doesn't actually push the
data to the controller, you are still at risk... right?

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Maximum transaction rate
От: Bill Moran
Сообщение: Re: Inserting string with a " into an array using {} syntax ... possible?