Re: stats for network traffic WIP

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: stats for network traffic WIP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/10/13, 5:08 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Having said that, I can't get very excited about this feature anyway,
> so I'm fine with rejecting the patch.  I'm not sure that enough people
> care to justify any added overhead at all.  The long and the short of
> it is that network traffic generally is what it is, for any given query
> workload, and so it's not clear what's the point of counting it.

Also, if we add this, the next guy is going to want to add CPU
statistics, memory statistics, etc.

Is there a reason why you can't get this directly from the OS?

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?
От: Sergey Muraviov
Сообщение: Re: Problem with displaying "wide" tables in psql