Re: Getting non_NULL right-side values on a non-matching join?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Getting non_NULL right-side values on a non-matching join?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/23/2013 02:45 AM, Ken Tanzer wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 2:20 AM, Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@dalibo.com
> <mailto:vik.fearing@dalibo.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/23/2013 07:41 AM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
>>     OTOH, if there were a very clear and credible page with good
>>     instructions on installing build environment + postgres (for say
>>     RHEL, Ubuntu & Fedora) that would install side by side with an
>>     existing installation (and how to remove it all cleanly) it would
>>     make me and maybe others more able/likely to test patches.  There
>>     may be such a page--I just didn't find it.  And I was somewhat
>>     dissuaded from building an RPM on my CentOs machine by the note in
>>     the Postgres wiki that the ubuntu packages allow "multiple
>>     versions more easily than other packaging schemes."
>>
>>     Just a thought.  I know all the information is out there and can
>>     be pieced together.  Like many computing endeavors, I'm sure the
>>     second time would be quick and easy, but likely not so much the first!
>
>     Chapter 15 of our documentation handles installing from source.
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/installation.html
>
>     --
>     Vik
>
> Thanks for the link.  I really do appreciate all the documentation that
> Postgres has put together.  In this case I especially like the short
> version provided, which covers part of what I was looking for.  It would
> be great if there were a similar page that addressed how to set this up
> side-by-side with an existing installation, and had a cheat sheet for
> pulling in build tools and libraries.  (As in, on Cent OS run "yum
> install x y z...", Ubunutu "apt-get install a x z".)  I get that the
> build environment and libraries are outside of the scope of Postgres
> proper and maybe unfair to ask it be documented, but they're still steps
> people have to go through.  If they were included in that short version
> format, it would be fantastic!

You will need the basic build tools. In Debian/Ubuntu that is
build-essential in RH/CentOS that is 'Development Tools'. The other
devel libraries will depend on what you want to include in the build. So
for example if you want to use OpenSSL you will need libopenssl-devel
and if you want plpythonu you will need python-devel. Running
./configure will help you in that regard, it will flag those libraries
not present. As to a separate installation, that is something you set up
in the configure step. The two important things to know is that the new
instance needs to be in a separate directory from the old and it needs
to listen on a different port. You can install the new instance in your
own home directory if that suits. Both the steps can be handled as follows:

$ ./configure --with-python --with-openssl
--prefix=/home/aklaver/pgsqlTest --with-pgport=5462

When you run it, use the appropriate binaries. In the example I show
above they would be in /home/aklaver/pgsqlTest/bin/. If you want you
could set up symlinks to the binaries to make it easier, that is what
the Debian/Ubuntu process does(among other things).

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Jayadevan M
Сообщение: WITH and exclusive locks
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Getting non_NULL right-side values on a non-matching join?