Re: Tuning 9.3 for 32 GB RAM

От Zev Benjamin
Тема Re: Tuning 9.3 for 32 GB RAM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/14/2013 10:09 AM, Alexander Farber wrote:
> pgtune has produced the following for my server (the specs:
> http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/px60ssd ):
>
> default_statistics_target = 50
> maintenance_work_mem = 1GB
> constraint_exclusion = on
> checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9
> effective_cache_size = 22GB
> work_mem = 192MB
> wal_buffers = 8MB
> checkpoint_segments = 16
> shared_buffers = 7680MB
> max_connections = 80
>
> Is it really okay? Isn't 22GB too high?
> And how does it know that max_connections =80 is enough in my case? (I
> use pgbouncer).

It doesn't.  There is a static map between the "type" (the -T option)
pgtune is using and the max_connections value it sets.  You should
consider the output of pgtune as a guideline rather than "optimal settings."

Zev

От: Vincent Veyron
Сообщение: Mixed locales and date formatting
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Mixed locales and date formatting