Re: Is it advisable to pg_upgrade directly from 9.0 to 9.3?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Is it advisable to pg_upgrade directly from 9.0 to 9.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/06/2013 01:06 AM, Greg Burek wrote:
> Hello,
> How advisable or well known is it to take a 9.0 era db directly to 9.3
> using the latest pg_upgrade binary?

Sure. I have done it all the way back to 8.3 (with 9.2). You should of
course test as pg_upgrade is a tool not a perfect solution.

IMO, I would upgrade to 9.2 precisely because it is battle tests, 9.3
isn't but it depends on your particular needs. 9.3 has a lot of cool
stuff in it.

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc

От: Jing Fan
Сообщение: Re: WITH RECURSIVE doesn't work properly for me
От: Jeff Ross
Сообщение: After upgrade to 9.3, streaming replication fails to start