Re: ON DELETE CASCADE Question

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: ON DELETE CASCADE Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/04/2013 11:44 AM, Jason Long wrote:
> I would like for corresponding records in t_a to be deleted when I
> delete a record from t_b.  This deletes from t_b when I delete from t_a,
> but not the other way around.  I am unable to create a foreign key
> constraint on t_a because this table holds records from several other
> tables.

I am not sure how this is a problem? If you propose to delete a value
from t_a and that value is used by other tables how is the manner of its
deletion relevant?

I added a simple script below that demonstrates my problem.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: table lock when where clause uses unique constraing instead of primary key.
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: ON DELETE CASCADE Question