Re: Full-text search default vs specified configuration

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Full-text search default vs specified configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Would there be any support for two changes in 8.4 though?

> 1. Tag tsvector/tsquery's with the (oid of) their configuration?

> 2. Either warn or require CASCADE on changes to a
> configuration/dictionary that could impact existing indexes etc.

IIRC, the current behavior is intentional --- Oleg and Teodor argued
that tsvector values are relatively independent of small changes in
configuration and we should *not* force people to, say, reindex their
tables every time they add or subtract a stopword.  If we had some
measure of whether a TS configuration change was "critical" or not,
it might make sense to restrict critical changes; but I fear that
would be kind of hard to determine.

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Linking backend in one piece