Re: Something fishy happening on frogmouth

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Something fishy happening on frogmouth
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/29/2013 03:12 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> The last two buildfarm runs on frogmouth have failed in initdb,
> like this:
>
> creating directory d:/mingw-bf/root/HEAD/pgsql.2492/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data ... ok
> creating subdirectories ... ok
> selecting default max_connections ... 100
> selecting default shared_buffers ... 128MB
> selecting dynamic shared memory implementation ... windows
> creating configuration files ... ok
> creating template1 database in d:/mingw-bf/root/HEAD/pgsql.2492/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data/base/1 ... FATAL:
couldnot open shared memory segment "Global/PostgreSQL.851401618": Not enough space

> child process exited with exit code 1
>
> It shouldn't be failing like that, considering that we just finished
> probing for acceptable max_connections and shared_buffers without hitting
> any apparent limit.  I suppose it's possible that the final shm segment
> size is a bit larger than what was tested at the shared_buffer step,
> but that doesn't seem very likely to be the explanation.  What seems
> considerably more probable is that the probe for a shared memory
> implementation is screwing up the system state somehow.  It may not be
> unrelated that this machine was happy before commit d2aecae went in.

I'll try a run with that reverted just to see if that's it.

This is a 32 bit compiler on a 32 bit (virtual) machine, so the change
to Size is definitely more than cosmetic here.

cheers

andrew

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Fast insertion indexes: why no developments
От: Leonardo Francalanci
Сообщение: Re: Fast insertion indexes: why no developments