Re: recursive query returning extra rows in 8.4

От Chris
Тема Re: recursive query returning extra rows in 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 16/10/13 01:56, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com> writes:
>> chris smith-9 wrote
>>> Using postgres 8.4.13 (latest that redhat provides in rhel6) the query
>>> below returns an extra row compared to running the same thing in later
>>> versions (tried 9.0, 9.1, 9.2 - they don't return the extra row).
>
>> Likely this is a bug that was fixed in one of the five newer 8.4 point
>> releases.  You can use "SELECT DISTINCT *" to get rid of the extra data if
>> you choose not to upgrade.
>
> In particular I think this matches the first item in the 8.4.14 release
> notes:
>
>    * Fix planner's assignment of executor parameters, and fix executor's
>      rescan logic for CTE plan nodes (Tom Lane)
>
>      These errors could result in wrong answers from queries that scan the
>      same WITH subquery multiple times.

I did read the release notes looking for something but obviously not
very well.

Thanks for the info.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

От: Carlo Curatolo
Сообщение: Re: Invalid Page Header Error
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: werid error"index row size 3040 exceeds btree maximum, 2712" occur randomly