Re: dropping a master table and all of its partitions?

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: dropping a master table and all of its partitions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Did you use some kind of sensical naming convention for the child tables?  If so, couldn't you write a script to loop through and drop them one at a time?

On Feb 26, 2007, at 6:42 PM, George Nychis wrote:

Hey everyone,

I created a master table, and created ~2000 partitions for it.

*no* data is in any of these partitions.

I am trying to drop the master and all of the partitions with a cascade:
DROP TABLE master CASCADE;

Except after about 30 seconds my memory usage (4GB) jumps to 99%, and after about 10 minutes it kills over and drops my connection.

How do you delete a master and all of its partitions?

Thanks!
George

              http://archives.postgresql.org/

erik jones <erik@myemma.com>
sofware developer
615-296-0838
emma(r)

От: George Nychis
Сообщение: dropping a master table and all of its partitions?
От: George Nychis
Сообщение: Re: dropping a master table and all of its partitions?