Re: Name column

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Name column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
André Fernandes <andre.de.camargo.fernandes@hotmail.com> writes:
>> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> I'm starting to wonder if we should think about deprecating this
>> behavior.  It is awfully confusing and unintuitive.

> I agree, it is very unintuitive.
> +1  for deprecating this behavior.

-1.  There's nothing wrong with the function-as-a-computed-column
feature, and it seems likely that taking it away will break applications.

What we are getting bit by is that I/O coercions to string types can be
specified this way.  Maybe what we ought to do is remove just that one
capability.  It'd be a bit non-orthogonal, but seems fairly unlikely to
break anything, especially since we only began to allow such things
recently (in 8.4 looks like).

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5650: Postgres service showing as stopped when in fact it is running
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Name column