Re: Cost limited statements RFC

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Cost limited statements RFC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/23/13 7:56 PM, Claudio Freire wrote:
> Besides of the obvious option of making a lighter check (doesn't have
> to be 100% precise), wouldn't this check be done when it would
> otherwise sleep? Is it so heavy still in that context?

A commit to typical 7200RPM disk is about 10ms, while
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay is 20ms.  If the statement cost limit logic
were no more complicated than commit_delay, it would be feasible to do
something similar each time a statement was being put to sleep.

I suspect that the cheapest useful thing will be more expensive than
commit_delay's test.  That's a guess though.  I'll have to think about
this more when I circle back toward usability.  Thanks for the
implementation idea.

От: Claudio Freire
Сообщение: Re: Cost limited statements RFC
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Block write statistics WIP