Re: pg_dump vs schemas

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump vs schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com> writes:
> I however noticed that pg_dump also does this:
> ALTER TABLE public.mytable OWNER TO pgsql;

> Shouldn't the "public." be left out?

Probably in an ideal world, but that code is far from ideal --- it's
dealing with a bunch of considerations including compatibility with dump
files from old pg_dump versions with assorted bugs.  I'm hesitant to
remove the schema spec for fear we'd end up with underspecified output
in some corner case or other.

От: Steve Atkins
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL equivelant of this MySQL query
От: Madison Kelly
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL equivelant of this MySQL query