Re: Query Performance...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Query Performance...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jhood@hmcon.com (Jeffrey Hood) writes:
> We have recently converted from MS SQLServer 7 to Postgres 7.1...  The
> following query runs perfectly fine in SQL Server with any where
> clause attached, but in Postgres runs fine until you put a where
> clause that has *no* criteria for Patients... then it runs forever...

Define "runs forever".  AFAICT this query is going to give 750K rows of
output, if there's no WHERE clause.  How long do you expect that to
take?  How long does it actually take?  Is SQL Server really any faster
given the same query with no WHERE?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: \d [index_name] bug?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: bt_fixroot: not valid old root page