Re: Cascading replication: should we detect/prevent cycles?

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Cascading replication: should we detect/prevent cycles?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/02/13 20:43, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On Sunday, 27 January 2013, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com
> <mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com>> wrote:
>  > If we're going to start installing safeguards against doing stupid
>  > things, there's a long list of scenarios that happen far more
>  > regularly than this ever will and cause far more damage.
>
> +1

+1

...and there are other areas that we could spend our energy on that
would be more worthwhile I think. One I'd like to see is the opposite of:

$ pg_ctl promote

i.e:

$ pg_ctl demote

So a "retired" master would read a (newly supplied perhaps)
recovery.conf and start to apply changes from there (with suitable
safeguards). We have failover pretty painless now... but reconstruction
of the original primary as a new standby is still too
fiddly/resource/time consuming etc.

Regards

Mark

От: Jeevan Chalke
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump --pretty-print-views
От: Pavan Deolasee
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unusually high IO for autovacuum worker