Re: RFE: Column aliases in WHERE clauses

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: RFE: Column aliases in WHERE clauses
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/18/2012 07:32 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> It's easier to understand why this is if you realize that SQL has a very
> clear model of a "pipeline" of query execution.

I just wish they hadn't written it backwards!

It'd be much less confusing were it formulated as something like:

SELECT
FROM thetable
WHERE first_letter > 'a'
RESULTS left(value,1) AS first_letter

or something, where the order is more obvious. I really dislike the way
SQL is written not-quite-backwards.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: log_destination = csvlog, line breaks interfere in analysis
От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: State of the art for foreign keys to child tables?