Re: crosstab

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: crosstab
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/04/2012 01:23 PM, Aram Fingal wrote:
> So then, PL/R is not a solution to being able to pivot tables
> directly in PostgreSQL but I might be able to define a PL/R procedure
> which, for example, pivots tables and then uses the write.table()
> function of R to send the results to disk without returning any rows
> to PostgreSQL?  Such a procedure might prove be faster and more
> convenient than extracting the data from PostgreSQL into an R
> application layer and then writing to disk.

As mentioned somewhere else along this thread, I don't know that it will
be faster, but it may well be more convenient if your goal is to get a
CSV file in the end anyway.

Joe

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: crosstab
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Maintaining a materialized view only on a replica