Re: crosstab

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: crosstab
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/04/2012 12:48 PM, Aram Fingal wrote:
> So, are you saying that if I do something like this:
>
> copy(crosstab(source_sql, category_sql)) to '/output.csv' with csv;
>
> Then I don't have to list what the columns are going to be?  In other
> words, I can skip the "AS (...)" clause which is shown in the
> examples in the tablefunc documentation?

No, sorry, but that is not what I'm saying :-(

Wen you run

  copy ("some query") to ...

it still requires postgres to execute "some query" and the standard
grammar rules will be applied. Postgres must be able to resolve data
types for the columns in the result, and therefore it needs you to
provide a column definition either at function creation time (via OUT
params or by explicit composite return type) or at execution time via
AS(...) clause.

Joe

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us

От: Aram Fingal
Сообщение: Re: crosstab
От: Gavin Flower
Сообщение: Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"