Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Robert Haas escribi�:
>> So here's the followup question - do you intend to do one of those
>> things for this CommitFest, or should we mark this as Returned with
>> Feedback once Bernd posts the rest of his review?

> What feedback is it supposed to be returned with?  Precisely what I
> wanted is some feedback on the general idea.  Brendan's "I like the
> approach" is good, but is it enough to deter a later veto from someone
> else?

FWIW, I looked the patch over quickly, and I think it will be fine once
Bernd's comments are addressed.  In particular I agree with the
objection to the name "pg_setting" as being confusingly close to
"pg_settings".  But "pg_user_setting" isn't better.  Maybe
"pg_db_role_settings"?

As far as the lock issue goes, I don't see any reason why the catalog
change creates a reason for new/different locking than we had before.
Any attempt to make concurrent updates to the same row will generate an
error, and that seems enough to me ...