Re: run function on server restart

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: run function on server restart
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"John D. West" <john.d.west@asu.edu> wrote:

> I have various background processes outside of postgres that need
> to be killed and restarted after the server reboots.

All of our applications are coded such that when they have an error
on a database connection, they check for a serialization failure or
a broken connection; if they find either they retry the database
transaction.  That would be my first recommendation.  (Well, second,
after identifying the causes of server crashes and fixing them.)

Are you running any monitoring applications which could trigger what
you want?

-Kevin

От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: run function on server restart
От: "John D. West"
Сообщение: Re: run function on server restart