Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2021-04-30 at 10:55 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > ISTM that would be up to the index AM.  We'd need some interlocks
> > on
> > which index AMs could be used with which table AMs in any case, I
> > think.
>
> I'm not sure why? It seems like we should be able to come up with
> something that's generic enough.

Another point: the idea of supporting only some kinds of indexes
doesn't mix well with partitioning. If you declare an index on the
parent, we should do something reasonable if one partition's table AM
doesn't support that index AM.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: .ready and .done files considered harmful
От: ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker)
Сообщение: Re: PG in container w/ pid namespace is init, process exits cause restart