Re: Cluster on NAS and data center.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Cluster on NAS and data center.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/04/2016 02:35 AM, Krzysztof Kaczkowski wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Right now we have PostgreSQL on Windows Server (main data center) and
> cluster is placed on NAS. We have emergency data center on UNIX
> architecture. We want that emergency data center could continue work on
> PostgreSQL cluster that has been used by Windows PostgreSQL.
>
> We know that standard PostgreSQL is not able to use cluster created on
> different OS. We think that recompilation PostgreSQL with some specific
> flags. This should give us compatibility of cluster on different
> Systems. We see a small differences in cluster files on binary level.
> Can You help us pick proper compilation flags?

If that where possible tools like pg_upgrade would be able to upgrade
between OSes.

What do you want the role of the UNIX data center to be, a continuous
standby, a place where you store backups, something else?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Krzysztof Kaczkowski
Сообщение: Cluster on NAS and data center.
От: Melvin Davidson
Сообщение: Re: Cluster on NAS and data center.