Re: determine what column(s) form the primary key, in C extention

От alex maslakov
Тема Re: determine what column(s) form the primary key, in C extention
Дата
Re: determine what column(s) form the primary key, in C extention  (James Sewell <james.sewell@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm emailing it to the 'general' list.

(1)

This:

     int i = -1;
     while ((i = bms_next_member(pkattnos , i)) >= 0) {
         /* do stuff with i */
         /* you'll need to use i - FirstLowInvalidHeapAttributeNumber to
get the pg_attribute.attnum */

         elog(INFO, "bms_next_member i: %d", i);
     }

prints 10 and then 9

Then:

   10 - FirstLowInvalidHeapAttributeNumber (-8) ==> 2

   9 - FirstLowInvalidHeapAttributeNumber (-8) ==> 1

These are indexes of the columns, right?

Do they start from 1, not from 0?

(2)

I'll use this C code as an example to build an extention in Rust. The
Postgresql bindings for Rust I have don't contain a definition of
`FirstLowInvalidHeapAttributeNumber` for some reason. I can define it
since it's simply single digit constant.

However what does in some source files it's defined as (-7) and in some
as (-8)? Which should I use?

От: Michael Lewis
Сообщение: Re: Issues of slow running queries when dealing with Big Data
От: Shaozhong SHI
Сообщение: Re: Issues of slow running queries when dealing with Big Data