Re: LONG delete with LOTS of FK's

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: LONG delete with LOTS of FK's
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2013-05-10 10:57, Tom Lane wrote:
> Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> On 2013-05-10 09:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> ... and verify you get a cheap plan for each referencing table.
>
> We don't :(
>
> Ugh.  I bet the problem is that in some of these tables, there are lots
> and lots of duplicate account ids, such that seqscans look like a good
> bet when searching for an otherwise-unknown id.  You don't see this
> with a handwritten test for a specific id because then the planner can
> see it's not any of the common values.
>
> 9.2 would fix this for you --- any chance of updating?
>
>             regards, tom lane
I'll see what we can do.  I was looking for a reason, this may be it.

Thanks for all your help.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c)     E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: LONG delete with LOTS of FK's
От: "Evan D. Hoffman"
Сообщение: Re: Deploying PostgreSQL on CentOS with SSD and Hardware RAID