Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17.05.24 09:32, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Dunno about having to click a link or sparkly gold borders, but +1 on
> having a free-form text box for notes like that. Things like "cfbot says
> this has bitrotted" or "Will review this after other patch this depends
> on". On the mailing list, notes like that are both noisy and easily lost
> in the threads. But as a little free-form text box on the commitfest, it
> would be handy.
>
> One risk is that if we start to rely too much on that, or on the other
> fields in the commitfest app for that matter, we de-value the mailing
> list archives. I'm not too worried about it, the idea is that the
> summary box just summarizes what's already been said on the mailing
> list, or is transient information like "I'll get to this tomorrow"
> that's not interesting to archive.

We already have the annotations feature, which is kind of this.

От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: Streaming read-ready sequential scan code
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose