Re: keeping images in a bytea field on AWS RDS

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: keeping images in a bytea field on AWS RDS
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 12:49, Richard Bernstein <richb201@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am using postgresql on RDS. I need to upload an image to the table. I understand that I need to set the PGDATA
directoryand place the image file in it, before setting the path in the bytea field. But how do I set PGDATA if I don't
havethe ability to set an environment variable, and don't have access to the following on an AWS controlled
installation?

No, that's not how you upload images to a bytea field; you use the standard client library and send the bytea data over
thatway.  It works the same on community PostgreSQL and RDS.  PostgreSQL handles managing the bytea data for you.  Note
thatfor very large binary objects, storing them in the database is not going to be very efficient versus keeping them
inthe filesystem (noting, of course, that you don't have access to the filesystem of an RDS server).

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

От: Richard Bernstein
Сообщение: keeping images in a bytea field on AWS RDS
От: Alan Hodgson
Сообщение: Re: keeping images in a bytea field on AWS RDS