Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/15/12 3:01 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
> 5.  Probably many other things that I'm not aware of right now and
> won't discover until I dig/ask further and/or run into a brick wall!
>
> Useful?  Doable?

Useful, yes.  Harder than it looks, probably.  I tried to mock up a
version of this years ago for a project where I needed it, and ran into
all kinds of race conditions.

Anyway, if it could be made to work, this is extremely useful for any
application which needs queueing behavior (with is a large plurality, if
not a majority, of applications).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)