Re: Patch to allow users to kill their own queries

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Patch to allow users to kill their own queries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/03/2012 12:59 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Noah Misch<noah@leadboat.com>  writes:
>
>> Regarding the other message, avoid composing a translated message from
>> independently-translated parts.
>>
> Yes.  I haven't looked at the patch, but I wonder whether it wouldn't be
> better to dodge both of these problems by having the subroutine return a
> success/failure result code, so that the actual ereport can be done at
> an outer level where the full message (and hint) can be written
> directly.

Between your and Noah's comments I understand the issue and likely
direction to sort this out now.  Bounced forward to the next CommitFest
and back on my plate again.  Guess I'll be learning new and exciting
things about translation this week.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Poorly thought out code in vacuum
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Patch to allow users to kill their own queries