Re: autovacuum and default_transaction_isolation

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: autovacuum and default_transaction_isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Shouldn't we make the autovac launcher use READ COMMITTED, too?
Anything which starts a transaction and doesn't need to use a
transaction-lifetime snapshot plus SIRead locks to achieve truly
serializable behavior should probably be ignoring
default_transaction_isolation and forcing READ COMMITTED.  I would
think that should include the autovac launcher.  Probably *any* of
the background processes which can get a start a transaction should
force READ COMMITTED.
-Kevin

От: Joe Abbate
Сообщение: Reserved words and delimited identifiers
От: Dan Ports
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum and default_transaction_isolation