Re: Re: [patch] Include detailed information about a row failing a CHECK constraint into the error message

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Re: [patch] Include detailed information about a row failing a CHECK constraint into the error message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I was wondering in particular whether it wouldn't be appropriate
> to include the same errdetail in ExecConstraints's other check,
> the one for null in not-null columns.  Arguably a not-null check
> is just a slightly optimized form of a CHECK constraint, and
> anyway if you think you need row identification info for a CHECK
> failure I don't see why you'd not want it for NOT NULL failure.
> Comments?
Makes sense to me.
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: [patch] Include detailed information about a row failing a CHECK constraint into the error message
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Inlining comparators as a performance optimisation