Re: testing ProcArrayLock patches

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: testing ProcArrayLock patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:

> samples  %        image name      symbol name
> 495463    3.6718  postgres        hash_search_with_hash_value
When lines like these show up in the annotated version, I'm
impressed that we're still finding gains as big as we are:44613  0.3306 :        if (segp == NULL)              :
        hash_corrupted(hashp);

101910  0.7552 :        keysize = hashp->keysize;       /* ditto */
There goes over 1% of my server run time, right there!
Of course, these make no sense unless there is cache line
contention, which is why that area is bearing fruit.
-Kevin

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: testing ProcArrayLock patches
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: range_adjacent and discrete ranges