Re: Allow substitute allocators for PGresult.

От Matteo Beccati
Тема Re: Allow substitute allocators for PGresult.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/11/2011 07:36, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>> AIUI Kyotaro-san is just suggesting that the app should be able to
>> provide a substitute malloc function for use in allocating PGresult
>> space (and not, I think, anything else that libpq allocates internally).
>> Basically this would allow PGresults to be cleaned up with methods other
>> than calling PQclear on each one.  It wouldn't affect how you'd interact
>> with one while you had it.  That seems like pretty much exactly what we
>> want for preventing memory leaks in the backend; but is it going to be
>> useful for other apps?
>
> I think it will.

Maybe I've just talking nonsense, I just have little experience hacking
the pgsql and pdo-pgsql exstensions, but to me it would seem something
that could easily avoid an extra duplication of the data returned by
pqgetvalue. To me it seems a pretty nice win.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/

От: Kohei KaiGai
Сообщение: Re: [v9.2] Object access hooks with arguments support (v1)
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Allow substitute allocators for PGresult.