Re: Working with git repo tagged versions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Working with git repo tagged versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 11/11/2011 03:53 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
>> Howdy folks,
>>
>> Occasionally I need to grab an older release from git based on a tag
>> rather than a branch, eg the REL8_3_10 tag vs the REL8_3_STABLE
>> branch. I used to know how to do this in CVS, but I find I tend to
>> revert to grabbing tarballs now that we're on git. So, I'm wondering
>> if anyone knows a way to do this directly from git clone (or similar),
>> and ideally as a shallow clone (ie. I just need a copy of the code at
>> that tag, rather than needing the repo for development purposes). If
>> anyone knew a way to do this down to a specific commit, that would
>> also be interesting to know. Thanks in advance.
> I just did this:
>
>     $ git-new-workdir postgresql/.git/ tmp
>     Checking out files: 100% (3903/3903), done.
>     $ cd tmp
>     $ git checkout REL8_3_10
>
> That does use a shadow clone.  Basically, git checkout assumes a tag,
> unless you -b for a branch.

or just something like:
   mkdir ../pg8.3.10 &&  git archive --format=tar REL8_3_10 | tar -C   ../pg8.3.10 -xf -

since he says he doesn't need the git infrastructure.

cheers

andrew

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: why do we need two snapshots per query?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Working with git repo tagged versions