Re: setting display format of booleans in psql

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: setting display format of booleans in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>
> there is not any possibility to change boolean output format.
>
> Regards
>
> Pavel Stehule
>
> 2011/8/6 Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com>:
>
>> Is there a way to set the display format of boolean values in psql just
>> as one can set the display of nulls using \pset null <some string>? I
>> find presentation of true as 't' and false as 'f' rather poor since 't'
>> and 'f' do not look very different from each other. I'd like to instead
>> get 'TRUE' or 'FALSE'.
>>
>> Nothing in the manual page for psql seems helpful.
>>
>> --

But I'm sure you could write yourself a (non-volatile?) function which
would wrap your booleans whenever select * is NOT used.

select id, name, bw(isAlien) from individual;

create or replace function bw(boolean b)
returns  char as &&

begin;
/    /if b then
       return 'F';
    else
       return 'T';
end;
&&
etc.
return

От: Fernando Pianegiani
Сообщение: Re: FREE hosting platforms with PostgreSQL, Java SDK, Tomcat, ecc.?
От: Dusan Misic
Сообщение: Re: FREE hosting platforms with PostgreSQL, Java SDK, Tomcat, ecc.?